Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, Arena Pharmaceuticals rose 46 cents (6.9%) to $7.08 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 24.7 million shares of Arena Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.70-$7.23 after having opened the day at $6.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.62. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: China Botanic Pharmaceutical (CBP), up 12.1%, Tengion (TNGN), up 11.4%, Ampio Pharmaceuticals (AMPE), up 8.8%, and Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX), up 7.4%. Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in discovering, developing, and commercializing oral drugs that target G protein-coupled receptors in the therapeutic areas of cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory, and metabolic diseases. Arena Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $1.27 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 235% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Arena Pharmaceuticals a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Arena Pharmaceuticals as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been an overall disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Arena Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ARNA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV