Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Nielsen Holdings rose 42 cents (1.6%) to $27.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Nielsen Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.08-$27.68 after having opened the day at $27.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.01. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: BOS Better Online Solutions (BOSC), up 24.8%, Helios & Matheson Information Technology In (HMNY), up 23.2%, Onstream Media Corporation (ONSM), up 17.5%, and Streamline Health Solutions (STRM), up 14.1%. Nielsen Holdings N.V., through its subsidiary, The Nielsen Company B.V., operates as an information and measurement company worldwide. Nielsen Holdings has a market cap of $9.86 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.8, below the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 33.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Nielsen Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Nielsen Holdings as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Nielsen Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NLSN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV