Progress Energy Rises On Unusually High Volume (PGN)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Progress Energy (NYSE:PGN) is trading at unusually high volume Monday with 10.3 million shares changing hands. It is currently at 4.1 times its average daily volume and trading up $1.49 (+2.6%) at $59.62 as of 3:55 p.m. ET. Progress Energy has a market cap of $17.03 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 0.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Progress Energy, Inc., a utility holding company, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida. The company has a P/E ratio of 32, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 31.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Progress Energy as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. You can view the full Progress Energy Ratings Report. See all heavy volume stocks in our stocks moving on unusual volume list or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV