Enzo Biochem, Inc. (NYSE:ENZ) today reported results for the fiscal third quarter ended April 30, 2012. Among the quarter’s highlights were the following:
- Revenue increases compared to year-earlier same period.
- Sequential 4% increases in revenues and gross margin at Enzo Clinical Labs and Enzo Life Sciences combined.
- Successful launch of the ColonSentry™ test for providing an assessment of a patient’s risk of having colorectal cancer.
- Continued strong organic growth in excess of industry averages, sequentially and year over year, of Clinical Lab revenues, the result of an expanded marketing platform and the resultant increase in new physician clients as well as greater testing volume.
“We continue to improve results on a sequential basis, despite the continuing impact of lower spending in life sciences, primarily as a result of reduced government-sponsored R&D outlays, particularly in academia. We are quite excited by the strong response we have received from the market to our initial launch of the ColonSentry™ test. The assay was launched late in the quarter and we are working to significantly expand our capacity to address the potential market. In addition, we have several promising innovative diagnostic tests that we are optimistic we can bring to market prior to the end of the year,” said Barry Weiner, President.
“Enzo Clinical Labs is making important progress both organically and in terms of market share. Enzo Life Sciences, experiencing a slowing research market particularly as budgets in academia have been reduced, is focusing more intensively on the pharma industry, where there are growth opportunities, especially in personalized medicine. In addition, we continue to rationalize and integrate our operations, and identify operational efficiencies, from which we expect future benefits. Enzo has a strong, proprietary base of products and technologies, as well as a unique infrastructure with Clinical Lab and Life Science sectors that can closely interact and that enables us to be especially competitive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV