SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced that it will be present at InfoComm 2012 in Las Vegas, the largest professional audiovisual communications show. As an event sponsor, Extreme Networks will have a featured speaker at the Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Networking Conference, occurring June 9-15 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Extreme Networks is a member of AVnu ( http://www.avnu.org), an industry forum dedicated to the advancement of professional quality audio and video converged over Ethernet at various link layers.
"The AVnu Alliance is promoting the AVB interoperability of our members' products, with AVnu-certification of devices soon to follow," said Lee Minich, chair of the AVnu Alliance Marketing Work Group and president of Lab X Technologies. "Extreme Networks switch is at the heart of our InfoComm interoperability demo, where Extreme Networks and our other leading professional AVnu Alliance members are bringing AVB interoperability to life."
The educational session ' AVB Must Knows for IT Pros,' begins at 2:00 pm Wednesday, June 13th and the session repeats on Friday, June 15th, 11:05 a.m. The session features Bill Murphy, director of solutions for Extreme Networks and Lee Minich. Murphy will provide an overview of the development of AVB technology, and the key benefits of using AVB to migrate to an Ethernet-based audio and video installation. These benefits include simplified cabling and improved audio video delivery with synchronization and low latency delivered over an open, multi-vendor standard.Social Links:
- Corporate Tech Decisions Magazine: All About Audio Video Bridging
- Extreme Networks blog: Madmen, AVB and the Ethernet Future of Pro AV
- Youtube: Extreme Networks Bill Murphy discusses AVB
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV