So, Tim Cook did follow through on his prediction from two weeks ago that he'd announce something with Facebook. However, it suggests that this is a minimal partnership between the two that is being done more to please iOS users than to help out Facebook.
The Importance of ChinaApple took time to show off the China-specific features of Mountain Lion for China. This included Baidu (BIDU) as the default search engine, and integration with Sina (SINA) Weibo. This specific allocation of time to China shows how important it is to Apple's future.
There was a lot to digest in the keynote -- and lots to get excited about for Apple investors, developers, and users.
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV