1. Eastern Virginia Bancshares
Eastern Virginia Bancshares (EVBS) of Tappahannock closed at $3.84 Friday, returning 91% year-to-date, following a 47% decline during 2011. The 52-week return was 7%.
The shares trade for 41% of tangible book value, and for nine times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of 43 cents. The consensus 2012 earnings estimate is a net loss of nine cents a share.The company owes $24 million in TARP money. Eastern Virginia Bancshares had $1.1 billion in total assets as of March 31 and reported first-quarter net income available to common shareholders of $439,000, or seven cents a share, increasing from 217,000, or four cents a share, in the fourth quarter, and $100,000, or two cents a share, in the first quarter of 2011. The company's operating ROA has ranged from 0.08% to 0.30% over the past five quarters, according to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight. The March 31 nonperforming assets ratio was 3.01%. Mealor rates Eastern Virginia Bankshares "Market Perform," with a $4.00 price target, and said in April that she was "pleased to see progress in credit quality" as the company continued "to take advantage of securities gains to move problem assets off its books." While saying "we do not believe EVBS will be forced to raise capital under its written agreement
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV