NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks sank to 52-week lows on Monday: Diamond Foods (DMND), AK Steel (AKS), Coldwater Creek (CWTR), SuperValu (SVU), U.S. Steel (X) and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR).
The food products company said Monday it can't meet the deadline for restating its earnings and may be delisted from Nasdaq.
Shares of Diamond Foods hit a 52-week low on Monday of $18.55. The stock's 52-week high of $96.13 was set on Sept. 21."Even though we would probably be buyers of DMND once the restatements are published we prefer not to get involved until the company has actually filed its updated financials (and 1Q12 and 2Q12 results)," Jefferies analysts wrote in a June 7 report. "Currently, the company is facing a June 11 (Monday) regulatory target date but should DMND miss this deadline we expect more pressure on the stock and we therefore prefer to stay on the sidelines." Diamond Foods trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 7.7.2 times; the average among its peers is 18.51. For comaparison, Ralcorp (RAH) has a higher forward P/E of 14.78. Ten of the 12 analysts who cover Diamond Foods rated it hold; two analysts gave the stock a buy rating. The stock has fallen 42.61% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV