Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), a global leader in converged IP and wireless network test and visibility solutions, announced a new addition to its Anue network visibility product line, the Anue
Net Tool Optimizer® (NTO) 5293
– the industry’s first and only carrier-grade, high-density, 40Gbps network monitoring switch.
The Anue NTO 5293 helps telecommunications providers improve data center productivity by connecting multiple network monitoring tools to a large number of 40GbE, 10GbE, and 1GbE interfaces, facilitating end-to-end visibility into the packet network. The Anue NTO 5293 provides an easy-to-use, reliable solution for access to intelligence in some of the most complex and mission-critical networks, including the 4G LTE packet core.
“As the world's mobile networks evolve to 4G technologies, specifically LTE, the importance of monitoring switches like the Anue NTO 5293 continues to grow,” said Iain Gillott, founder and president of
GR. “End-to-end visibility into these complex packet networks is critical to ensure customer satisfaction, yet the number of tools, probes, interfaces, processes, functions, and servers involved make monitoring and optimization an increasing challenge without a solution like the Anue NTO 5293.”
Key features of the Anue NTO 5293 include:
- 640Gbps, non-blocking backplane for up to 16 40GbE ports or up to 64 10GbE ports in a 2 rack unit chassis
- Redundant features to ensure uninterrupted network visibility where high availability is required
- Intuitive drag-and-drop control panel allows users to aggregate, filter and distribute network traffic to monitoring tools with a few mouse clicks — both boosting productivity and lowering operating expense
- NEBS Level 1 certified and NEBS Level 3 certification in progress, for reliable telecommunications network monitoring
“While a wide variety of network visibility tools are available for monitoring and management, gaining actionable intelligence in a cost-efficient manner is a challenge for mobile carriers,” said Alex Pepe, senior vice president and general manager, Ixia’s Network Visibility Group (formerly Anue Systems). “The NTO 5293 ensures each tool receives exactly the information it needs. Its NEBS Level 1 certification, and anticipated Level 3 certification, ensures its robustness and reliability even in the most demanding telecommunications environments.”