TGC Industries (TGE) is a provider of seismic data acquisition services throughout the continental U.S. and Canada. It is engaged in the geophysical service business of conducting three-dimensional surveys for clients in the oil and gas business. This stock is trading up 5.8% at $10.00 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 163,000Average Volume: 133,680 Volume % Change: 82% From a technical perspective, TGE is gapping higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $9.60 on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing TGE within range of a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once TGE takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $9.80 to $10.36 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if TGE can sustain a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 133,680 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for TGE to re-test its April high of $11.85 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV