NEW YORK, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The insurance operations of XL Group plc (NYSE: XL) is extending its regional reach, adding Excess Casualty underwriting capabilities to offices in Kansas City, MO, Dallas, TX and Exton, PA.
According to Lorraine Seib, President of XL Group's Excess Casualty group, "We're growing our local presence in key US markets to help us meet the demand for quality excess casualty coverage. We recently launched a new umbrella policy with broader, more extensive coverage and now we're building up our team to be well-equipped to handle new opportunities available to us."
"To do so, we're putting our underwriting expertise in key business centers to provide more personal, local service to our brokers," said Ms. Seib. "Our growing team offers brokers and their clients more options and easy access to domestic and global excess casualty capacity."
XL Group's new colleagues include:
- In Dallas, Texas, Barbara (Barby) Reece who joins XL Group as Excess Casualty Manager and Shannon Wyatt joins as Senior Underwriter. Ms. Reece brings more than 20 years of insurance industry experience, the last 9 years spent at St Paul/Travelers where she led an Excess Casualty team and increased their book of business in the Dallas/Ft Worth territory. With 17-years of Umbrella experience, Mr. Wyatt also joins from Travelers, where he managed a large book of excess casualty and lead umbrella business.
- In Exton, Pennsylvania , Senior Underwriter June Dell joins XL from Travelers where she managed lead umbrella and excess through retail and wholesale brokers for the Mid Atlantic Region. Her 20 year insurance career also includes positions in both primary and excess casualty lines with Zurich North America and AIG.
- In Kansas City, Missouri , John J. (J.J.) Ranck joins XL Group as Senior Excess Casualty Underwriter, arriving from Travelers where he was responsible for managing the profitability, growth and retention of lead umbrella and excess casualty business in the region. Prior to his most recent position with Traveler's, he was an account executive with Willis North America. His career also includes time spent as a program manager, risk manager and actuary.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts