Coffee sales and generous donations will help send more than 15,000 deserving kids to camp this year
DUBLIN, OH, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Thanks to loyal Tim Hortons guests and generous restaurant owners, this year's Camp Day raised a record $11 million, which will help send more than 15,000 deserving kids from economically disadvantaged homes on a once-in a-lifetime camping adventure.
On Camp Day, owners of more than 4,000 Tim Hortons restaurants in Canada and the United States, generously donate all proceeds from coffee sales to the Tim Horton Children's Foundation (THCF) and hold numerous fundraising events to raise even more money for the camps. Last year, the popular event raised $9.9 million and contributed significantly to sending kids from local schools and community groups to year-round camps.
"A big heartfelt thank you goes out to absolutely everyone in Canada and the United States who helped make this year's Camp Day such a huge success," said Dave Newnham, Vice President and Executive Director, Tim Horton Children's Foundation. "From Tim Hortons Restaurant Owners and their dedicated team members to media, special guests and above all the guests who bought coffee and made a donation - everyone contributed to this great cause."Year-round contributions through sendakidtocamp.com and Foundation coin boxes at Tim Hortons restaurants significantly contribute to ongoing fundraising efforts. In fact, $1.4 million annually is collected in pennies alone. "Every penny counts and we see the amazing effects of coins dropped in those Foundation boxes at our restaurants make lasting and impactful changes in deserving kids' lives every day," added Newnham. "These are kids who otherwise would not have the means to experience Camp and change their lives forever. When they visit us, they come home with a more positive attitude and confidence in themselves and their future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV