NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With Apple's (AAPL) annual Worldwide Developers' Conference (WWDC) about to start in San Francisco, TheStreet's readers are most excited about the possibility of next-generation iPhone news.
TheStreet is polling readers about what they are most looking out for at WWDC, and almost a third of respondents so far say they want iPhone 5 news.
TheStreet's readers want to hear about the iPhone 5 at WWDC
The iPhone 5 is not expected to debut until the fall, but Apple zealots are clearly keen for the company's CEO, Tim Cook, to provide some hints about the technology during his WWDC keynote on Monday. Similarly, Apple's much-discussed entry into the television market continues to attract attention ahead of a rumored launch in late 2012 or 2013.
A little over 25% of respondents say they are most eager to hear about the new Apple TV, dubbed iTV, at WWDC.The widely-expected WWDC Mac refresh is less exciting to readers, according to TheStreet's poll. Just over 22% of respondents say they are most looking forward to Mac upgrades, which are rumored to include HD retina display technology and Intel's (INTC) Ivy Bridge chips. Software announcements, which could include a new map app, tighter integration with Facebook (FB) and Siri for iPad, garnered just 14% of votes. A little over 5% of respondents are most looking forward to an iPad Mini announcement at WWDC. Shares of Apple, gained almost 1% to reach $586.05 in Monday morning trading. The iPhone maker's stock is up more than 44% this year. TheStreet will be live-blogging the WWDC keynote, starting at 12:30 p.m. EDT. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV