The S&P 500 was down 1.84 points, or 0.14%, to 1,323 intraday Monday.
Shares of Progress Energy rose 3.42% to $60.12. The company announced that it expects its proposed merger with Duke Energy (DUK) to be completed on July 1 following a positive conditional order from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on Friday.
Shares of Progress Energy hit a 52-week high Monday of $60.59. The stock's 52-week low of $42.06 was set on Aug. 9.Progress Energy trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 21.22 times; the average among its peers is 15.75. For comparison, Duke Energy trades at a lower forward P/E of 15.97. Eighteen of the 19 analysts who cover Progress Energy rated it hold; one analyst gave the stock a sell rating. The stock has gained 7.35% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV