Just about anything is available to sell in party plan businesses. Candles, Chocolates, wine, jewelry, self-defense weapons, toys and even jeans. Party plan businesses even do well with potentially embarrassing products like lingerie and sex toys.
You'd be hard pressed to get very much information about Gold Party on its Web site. NASDAQ lists a phone number, but the company never returned a phone call. If the company does have a successful offering and raises $80,000, it still ends up with about $50,000 after IPO expenses. Moreover, if you buy the stock, there isn't anywhere to sell it. So it's not something to be flipped like, say, a share of Facebook.
Gold Party sees itself as an extension of companies like Cash4Gold, where people mail in their gold, or pawn shops. However, the company doesn't have own a brick and mortar shop, so it considers itself the better model.This seems like a candidate for www.kickstarter.com or even one of the new IPO crowdfunding deals for companies under $1million, like on www.CrowdfundingJumpstart.com or www.crowd2ipo.com . But an IPO on the Nasdaq? This is an offering not to friend. -- Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/wallandbroad. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV