- Consumers are Engaging with Brands Across Platforms – A study of 10 broadcast network & cable brands covering a five-week period showed that an average of 90 percent of consumers engaging with a given brand did so on TV, while 25 percent did so online and 12 percent via online video.
- Online Video & Multi-Screen Consumers are Most Engaged and Loyal Brand Consumers - Online video consumption proves to closely associate with consumer engagement with media brands overall. For most of the media brands, the multi-screen consumers who use the media brands via TV and online video spend more time with the content on any platform, and spend more time consuming the content on TV.
- Multi-Screen Consumer are Demographically "On Target" – The study found that the segments of multi-screen consumers showing the highest propensity to engage tended to correlate strongly with those brands' key demographic targets, suggesting that engagement on other platforms represents an important extension of the key demographic audiences' use and enjoyment of the media brands.
- Consumers are Using Digital Platform Concurrently with TV to Enrich Experience – During the five-week period of analysis, 60 percent of a media brand's consumers accessed TV and Online during concurrent 30-minute increments. 29 percent of the media brand's consumers accessed Facebook concurrently with their TV viewing, suggesting digital platforms may be used to supplement the viewing experience and drive multi-platform engagement.
ComScore And CIMM Release Research Paper "How Multi-Screen Consumers Are Changing Media Dynamics"
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts