RESTON, Va., June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, and the Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement ( CIMM) today released a research white paper entitled How Multi-Screen Consumers Are Changing Media Dynamics, revealing several new findings about the viewing habits of consumers who engage with media brands across multiple touchpoints. To download a complimentary copy of the report, please visit: www.comscore.com/comScoreCIMM
"While TV remains the leading media channel, once TV-centric media brands now engage with their consumers across a variety of digital touchpoints. While this enhances the quality of brand engagement, it also increases the complexity of media planning and analysis by orders of magnitude," said Joan FitzGerald, comScore VP of TV & Cross-Media Solutions. "By leveraging comScore's unique single-source multi-screen measurement panel, we are radically reducing this complexity by providing media companies with actionable insights that can be used to determine how to effectively reach their target audiences and optimize cross-media planning."
Key insights from the paper include:
- Consumers are Engaging with Brands Across Platforms – A study of 10 broadcast network & cable brands covering a five-week period showed that an average of 90 percent of consumers engaging with a given brand did so on TV, while 25 percent did so online and 12 percent via online video.
- Online Video & Multi-Screen Consumers are Most Engaged and Loyal Brand Consumers - Online video consumption proves to closely associate with consumer engagement with media brands overall. For most of the media brands, the multi-screen consumers who use the media brands via TV and online video spend more time with the content on any platform, and spend more time consuming the content on TV.
- Multi-Screen Consumer are Demographically "On Target" – The study found that the segments of multi-screen consumers showing the highest propensity to engage tended to correlate strongly with those brands' key demographic targets, suggesting that engagement on other platforms represents an important extension of the key demographic audiences' use and enjoyment of the media brands.
- Consumers are Using Digital Platform Concurrently with TV to Enrich Experience – During the five-week period of analysis, 60 percent of a media brand's consumers accessed TV and Online during concurrent 30-minute increments. 29 percent of the media brand's consumers accessed Facebook concurrently with their TV viewing, suggesting digital platforms may be used to supplement the viewing experience and drive multi-platform engagement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV