What has become clear to me is that when it comes to Facebook, there is now a "no in-between" policy -- either you like it or you hate it. It seems simple enough right?
Except it isn't. The company is one that is without peer and this reason alone has been enough to offend a lot of people. From an investment perspective, one must not ignore that 900 million people is 900 million people - that is almost 15% of the world's population. It is only a matter of time before it figures things out.
The stock was a considerable risk at $38, however not so much now. Unless one considers that it is going to $0.00 what exactly is the risk at current levels? Is there much of a difference between buying now and waiting possibly for a lower price -- under $20 perhaps?
But to answer that question, one has to be willing to say with great certainty that the stock will be below current levels two-to-four years from now. Those quick to say that is the case, to them I say, get over your bitterness.This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV