BOSTON, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LPL Financial LLC, the nation's largest independent broker-dealer* and a wholly owned subsidiary of LPL Investment Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: LPLA), announced today that the first graduates of its intensive new Sales Manager Coaching Program (SMCP), designed specifically for program managers and sales managers of bank and credit union investment departments, achieved exceptional results in increasing the sales of their financial advisors.
Offered selectively by LPL Financial's Institution Services division, the 12-month program includes one-on-one coaching, peer conferences and the study of best practices. Quantitatively and qualitatively, the SMCP significantly improved participant performance, both on an absolute basis and when compared to the wealth management departments at other LPL Financial bank and credit union clients whose sales managers did not participate in the program.
The results recorded by SMCP participants included:
- A 21% increase in gross dealer concessions (GDC) – 65% higher than those of LPL Financial clients who did not participate in the program;
- Improved sales coaching by participants of their financial advisors, including both top producers and lower-tier producers;
- Improved recruitment and production ramp for new financial advisors at participants' firms; and
- Increased scores for participating managers on 360-degree assessments by 10%.
Arthur Osman, Senior Vice President, Business Consulting for LPL Financial's Institution Services, said, "LPL Financial identified an opportunity for banks and credit unions to leverage the productivity and contribution of their investment departments by enhancing their professional development activities at the sales manager and program manager level.""Through their dedicated efforts, SMCP participants progressed as both managers and leaders, and developed skills to more effectively empower their teams to accomplish their goals. This translated directly into higher sales and improved operations," said Osman. About the Program The SMCP is designed to educate participants on LPL Financial tools and best practices and develop leadership skills. The curriculum includes a personal assessment of each participant's sales management skills; face-to-face workshops focused on coaching best practices, techniques and tools; quarterly group conference calls and regular follow-up; and one-on-one coaching sessions with industry veteran Dr. John Rhodes, VP, National Accounts at CNL Securities. Dr. Rhodes has an outstanding reputation as the creator of coaching programs designed to assist financial advisors in their business and professional lives. CNL Securities was also instrumental in the program's success, and LPL Financial gratefully acknowledged CNL's partnership and support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV