Cabot Corp. (NYSE: CBT), the world’s largest manufacturer of aqueous inkjet pigment dispersions, has completed a $10 million capacity expansion project at its Haverhill, Mass., inkjet facility.
A Cabot employee works to produce aqeuous inkjet pigment dispersions at the company's plant in Haverhill, Mass. (Photo: Business Wire)
The project further supports Cabot’s growth in the emerging office segment of inkjet printing, and the commercial inkjet printing market. The new expansion doubles the production capacity of Cabot’s CAB-O-JET® small molecule color and polymer-attached pigment dispersion lines.
Cabot’s inkjet business benefits from an important technology shift in the commercial printing segment in which inkjet technology is increasingly being adopted in order to adapt to changes in volume and demand. Market analysts predict that the inkjet market for commercial print will achieve a compound annual growth rate of more than 35 percent over the next three years.
Inkjet technology is used in a variety of segments, including transactional printing, which includes monthly mailings such as credit card statements, personalized targeted direct mail and book printing. Publishing houses that are seeking to reduce book inventories and decrease print run lengths to respond to the increased use of eReaders and iPads are utilizing inkjet technology to enable “print on demand.” As a result, book printing is now the largest and fastest growing segment using inkjet technology.Inkjet is also seeing significant growth in the small-office segment. This market has been traditionally dominated by laser printers sold for under $500. However, customers now have a better alternative with the launch of inkjet desktop printers that offer color comparable to laser printing, at significantly less cost and a reduced energy footprint.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV