SAN JOSE, Calif., June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology and green computing, releases its next generation, ultra low power, compact form factor embedded server platform ( 5017P-TLN4F) based on their new Mini-ITX (6.7" x 6.7") motherboard ( X9SPV-F/LN4F). Compared to the previous generation architecture, this solution delivers 15% more processing performance, up to 50% more 3D graphics performance supporting the latest graphic APIs - DX11, OpenCL 1.1 and OpenGL 3.1 and new features such as Intel® Smart Response Technology enabling increased storage I/O performance with SSD caching.
The X9SPV-F/LN4F embedded server platform features the following:
- Mobile, 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processors and Mobile Intel® QM77 Express Chipset
- Dual/Quad core 1.6GHz to 2.7GHz 35W and 25W M Series and 17W U Series processor options
- Up to 16GB ECC DDR3-1066/1333MHz in dual vertical SO-DIMMs
- 1 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot (i3 2.0 only)
- 2 SATA 6Gbs/ and 4 SATA 3Gbs/ Ports (RAID 0/1/5/10)
- VGA Output; Matrox G200eW (default) or Intel® Integrated Graphics (DX11) via BIOS setup
- Quad Gigabit LAN Ports (4x 82574L)
- IPMI 2.0 with dedicated LAN
- 4 USB 3.0 ports, 6 USB 2.0 ports (4 rear, 2 header)
- SATA DOM (Disk on Module) Power connector
When combined with Supermicro's newest compact short-depth enclosure (SC504-203B) featuring 1x 3.5" or 2x 2.5" SATA2 drive bays, a 200W high-efficiency Supermicro power supply and PCI Express 3.0 x16 expansion capability on riser, the resulting embedded server appliance (5017P-TLN4F) is ideal for applications such as storage head nodes, media transcoding, HD video conferencing, network monitoring, security and firewall management and a variety of other space and power constrained applications.