NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Wednesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Tuesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Advance Auto Parts (AAP), Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) and Convergys (CVG).
Advance Auto Parts
The car aftermarket parts company reported first-quarter net income on May 17 of $133.5 million, or $1.79 a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $109.6 million, or $1.35 a share.
"Our Buy rating had been predicated on market share gains, particularly in the commercial business, improvements in DIY and expense savings," Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in a May 17 report. "This had worked since our initiation with a Buy and the stock had outperformed even with recent weakness, up 17.9% YTD compared to the market up 5.3% and the S&P Retail Index up 17.7%. But, AAP's comp of 2.1% against easier comparison compared to ORLY's (Hold,$97.54) comp of 6.1% through March 31 and AZO's (Hold,$376.38) 5.9% through February 11th shows share loss even in the face of what appears to be improving industry data. As comparisons become more difficult, we'd expect trends to remain challenged. So, it looks like the share gain story in commercial as well as the improvements in DIY, which both occurred last quarter, have stopped. As such, we are moving to Hold to Buy."Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 0.3%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV