ORLANDO, Fla., June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LightPath Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LPTH) ("LightPath", the "Company" or "we"), a global manufacturer, distributor and integrator of proprietary optical components and high-level assemblies, announced that it has raised gross proceeds of approximately $1,982,727 million through the sale of 1,943,852 shares of our Class A common stock, par value $0.01 (the "Common Stock"), in the aggregate and warrants to purchase 1,457,892 shares of Common Stock in the aggregate to institutional and other accredited investors in a private placement transaction. The closing of the private placement transaction occurred simultaneously with the execution of the transaction documents.
Net proceeds are intended to provide working capital to support the continued growth of LightPath's business, with the primary uses of the funds anticipated to be for expansion of our infrared molding capacity and enhancement of our glass preparation processes and test and measurement capability. The funding will also support new product development and the acquisition of new equipment, also critical to the Company's growth plans.
Each share of Common Stock was sold at a purchase price of $1.02. The warrants are exercisable for a period of five years beginning on December 11, 2012, and have an initial exercise price of $1.32 per share.Robert Ainbinder of Meyer Associates LP, a FINRA member, acted as exclusive placement agent for the offering. LightPath, a leader in optics for laser based applications, will use the net proceeds from the offering for general working capital purposes, including, but not limited to, furthering the development of our products, specifically with respect to our infrared product line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV