SUNBURY, Pa., June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets today announced it will close on its purchase of three former Genuardi's stores, located in Conshohocken, Doylestown and East Norristown, on Monday June 11th and that it will reopen these stores on Saturday, June 16 at 6am .
In advance of these openings, each store's pharmacy will re-open on Monday, June 11th at 12 noon to minimize prescription service disruption.
To staff these stores, Weis Markets has hired 218 former Genuardi employees and has added 150 positions, which will allow each store to double the number of cashiers it employs and increase front-end service.About Weis MarketsFounded in 1912, Weis Markets is marking its 100th year of operation in 2012. When it reopens its acquired Delaware Valley units, it will operate 162 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, New Jersey and West Virginia. For more information about Weis Markets, Inc., please visit www.weismarkets.com. Connect with Weis Markets on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WeisSuperMarket. Follow Weis Markets on Twitter @weismarkets. SOURCE Weis Markets, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV