DRAPER, Utah, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc. (FLXT) today announced that development of a flow sensor for a color paint dispenser is complete and an annual contract is expected for the application. The sensor is built to withstand harsh manufacturing conditions and opens the door to a broad range of industrial applications.
Flexpoint head engineer Dave Beck completed custom work on a flow monitor for a major international company's color application product. This application posed unique challenges due to its small size, mechanical configuration and exposure to high temperatures, but Beck overcame these obstacles, and has sent the product for final client approval. It is expected that approval will come during the third quarter of this year.
The color dispenser is only one of a variety of applications for this sensor, which can now be easily adapted for numerous industrial and manufacturing uses."We anticipate a solid ongoing contract for approximately 20,000 Bend Sensors annually for this product," said Flexpoint President Clark Mower. "This contract will help us promote the Bend Sensor as a cost effective and versatile solution for future clients in lucrative industrial and mechanical applications. We are excited to add another commercial application to our growing resume; particularly one that has stable, ongoing volumes associated with it. With this sensor, we gain entry into markets with high revenue potential." Mower also announced that he and Beck will be traveling late this month for a pivotal meeting with a Fortune 500 American truck manufacturer that is expected to yield a major contract. "This meeting should significantly advance our work on a long awaited contract with a major manufacturer," Mower said. "We have been well represented with this company by an industry insider and feel very good about our outlook with them."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV