SAN DIEGO, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading scientific enterprise R&D software and services company, announced its first European Science Symposium with a focus on advancing scientific innovation through improved predictive science and data analysis. Taking place on June 20 at the Sheraton Brussels Hotel, this free event provides the opportunity for scientists to hear how academic and industry experts are addressing today's most difficult and important scientific challenges with advanced modeling, simulation and data analysis software solutions.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accelrys-european-science-symposium-highlights-advanced-data-analysis-and-predictive-science-158259605.html
The Science Symposium includes speakers from Accelrys and ABB ( Sweden), ETH ( Zurich), EsbaTech ( Switzerland), European Bioinformatics Institute and University of Dundee (UK), FMP and Fraunhofer IFAM ( Germany), Universite de Mons ( Belgium), Universidad de Navarra ( Spain) and Institut de Recherches Servier, Discngine and Universite de Strasbourg ( France).
"Recent years have seen a big shift in the focus of pharmaceutical drug research with an increased emphasis on more efficient innovation," said Dr. Hugues-Olivier Bertrand, Sr. Director of Modeling and Simulation at Accelrys. "Leveraging Accelrys' deep domain expertise in chemistry, biology and materials science, predictive science and informatics, the Science Symposium will explore new data analysis and modeling and simulation solutions that are accelerating the innovation cycle with compelling case studies drawn from the European research community."The European Science Symposium offers three dedicated tracks focusing on:
- Scientific Data AnalysisThis track focuses on the use of Pipeline Pilot and the scientific Component Collections that underpin Accelrys Enterprise Platform to solve problems spanning cheminformatics, bioinformatics (including Next Generation Sequencing), image analysis, statistical analysis and text analytics.
- Life Sciences Modeling and SimulationThis track focuses on the use of Accelrys Discovery Studio software in the discovery and development of macromolecule therapeutics and small molecule drugs. This track also features a demonstration of the upcoming Discovery Studio release along with case studies on the design and development of antibody drugs and lead optimization of small molecules.
- Materials Science Modeling and SimulationThis track focuses on the use of Accelrys Materials Studio software in the research and development of new materials and the optimization of existing materials and formulations. Case studies will cover topics such as polymer, formulation and catalysis modeling.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts