SAN DIEGO, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading scientific enterprise R&D software and services company, announced its first European Science Symposium with a focus on advancing scientific innovation through improved predictive science and data analysis. Taking place on June 20 at the Sheraton Brussels Hotel, this free event provides the opportunity for scientists to hear how academic and industry experts are addressing today's most difficult and important scientific challenges with advanced modeling, simulation and data analysis software solutions.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accelrys-european-science-symposium-highlights-advanced-data-analysis-and-predictive-science-158259605.html
The Science Symposium includes speakers from Accelrys and ABB ( Sweden), ETH ( Zurich), EsbaTech ( Switzerland), European Bioinformatics Institute and University of Dundee (UK), FMP and Fraunhofer IFAM ( Germany), Universite de Mons ( Belgium), Universidad de Navarra ( Spain) and Institut de Recherches Servier, Discngine and Universite de Strasbourg ( France).
"Recent years have seen a big shift in the focus of pharmaceutical drug research with an increased emphasis on more efficient innovation," said Dr. Hugues-Olivier Bertrand, Sr. Director of Modeling and Simulation at Accelrys. "Leveraging Accelrys' deep domain expertise in chemistry, biology and materials science, predictive science and informatics, the Science Symposium will explore new data analysis and modeling and simulation solutions that are accelerating the innovation cycle with compelling case studies drawn from the European research community."The European Science Symposium offers three dedicated tracks focusing on:
- Scientific Data AnalysisThis track focuses on the use of Pipeline Pilot and the scientific Component Collections that underpin Accelrys Enterprise Platform to solve problems spanning cheminformatics, bioinformatics (including Next Generation Sequencing), image analysis, statistical analysis and text analytics.
- Life Sciences Modeling and SimulationThis track focuses on the use of Accelrys Discovery Studio software in the discovery and development of macromolecule therapeutics and small molecule drugs. This track also features a demonstration of the upcoming Discovery Studio release along with case studies on the design and development of antibody drugs and lead optimization of small molecules.
- Materials Science Modeling and SimulationThis track focuses on the use of Accelrys Materials Studio software in the research and development of new materials and the optimization of existing materials and formulations. Case studies will cover topics such as polymer, formulation and catalysis modeling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV