Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: VTSS), a leading provider of advanced IC solutions for Carrier and Enterprise networks, today announced the millionth shipment of its field-proven VSC8479 10G multi-rate and multi-protocol PHY, highlighting the Company’s long established footprint in the 10G networking market.
“The flexibility and superior jitter performance of Vitesse’s VSC8479 has enabled us to implement 10G ports in several generations of our network products,” said Dr. Jiaying Wang, chief engineer, bearer network products planning at ZTE Corporation. ZTE, a leading global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions serving a network of operators across 140 countries, was the recipient of Vitesse’s millionth VSC8479 10G PHY.
“Achieving this milestone is testament to the reliability and longevity of VSC8479’s architecture,” said Gary Paules, product marketing manager at Vitesse. “Our superior technology continues to deliver value to our customers nearly 10 years after its market debut. The ability to leverage this field-proven technology into Vitesse’s latest generation 10G portfolio, particularly our LTE-Advanced ready IEEE1588v2 devices, enables our customers to easily transition solutions to meet the demands of higher bandwidth, higher capacity, converged Ethernet networks.”
Flexible and Reliable Support in Multiple ApplicationsThroughout its life, VSC8479 has provided unsurpassed reliability to its end users with an in-field Failure in Time (FIT) rate of less than one per billion hours of use. Originally designed to meet stringent SONET/SDH jitter specs for tolerance, transfer and generation, the VSC8479’s broad capabilities over time have been optimized for many emerging applications.
- IP Edge/Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Access: With a superior burst-mode capable receiver ideal for 10G Passive Optical Networks (PON) in FTTH access applications, the VSC8479 has dominance in 10G EPON field trials worldwide. More recently, the VSC8479 was used extensively on the second FSAN XG-PON1 field trials hosted by China Telecom earlier this year and demonstrated support for both 2.5G and 10G burst mode traffic along with continuous data.
- Long-Haul Transport in Metro and Core Networks: The latest interoperability tests with numerous SFP+ optical module vendors demonstrate the VSC8479’s support of the new ZR standard. The device also exhibits superior performance features required by long-haul transport and optical burst packet switching in metro and core networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV