MarineMax, Inc. (NYSE: HZO), the nation’s largest recreational boat retailer, today announced that Charles R. Oglesby has been appointed to its Board of Directors. In addition, John Furman who has served since 2003, resigned from the Board of Directors.
Mr. Oglesby served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Asbury Automotive Group, Inc. until February 2011 and as Executive Chairman until July 2011. Mr. Oglesby joined Asbury in 2002 as President of North Point Automotive Group in Little Rock, Arkansas and in 2004 assumed the additional responsibility of Nalley Automotive Group. Prior to joining North Point, he was President of the San Francisco-based First America Automotive, a 36-dealership group. Asbury Automotive Group is one of the largest automobile retailers in the United States. Mr. Oglesby holds a B.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Georgia.
William H. McGill, Jr., Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, stated, “We are proud and honored to have Charles Oglesby join our Board of Directors. On behalf of the Board, we welcome Charles. We are certain that he will be a strong addition to the Board based on his wealth of experience and expertise in growing a business model with strong similarities to MarineMax. Additionally we have been privileged to work with John Furman for the last eight years and thank him for all that he has brought to our Board.”
Mr. Oglesby said, “I have been familiar with MarineMax for many years from the perspective of a happy customer and boater. I have experienced first-hand the strategies that set MarineMax apart from its competitors. I look forward to contributing to MarineMax as a member of its Board of Directors.”Mr. Furman commented, “I have enjoyed working with the Board and management of MarineMax for many years. I believe that the Company is well positioned as the industry recovers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV