DUBLIN, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Indemnity plc (NASDAQ: GBLI) announced the preliminary results of its "modified Dutch auction" tender offer, which expired at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on June 8, 2012.
Based on the preliminary count by Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions, Inc., the depositary for the tender offer, a total of 2,927,175 A ordinary shares, including 290,281 A ordinary shares that were tendered through notice of guaranteed delivery, were properly tendered and not withdrawn at a price at or below $21.75. Based on these preliminary results, Global Indemnity expects to purchase 2,927,175 A ordinary shares, at a price of $21.75 per A ordinary share for a total cost of $63,666,056.25 excluding fees and expenses relating to the tender offer. Global Indemnity will fund the purchase of the shares in the tender offer using cash on hand. Included within the A ordinary shares to be accepted for purchase are 122,578 A ordinary shares that Global Indemnity elected to purchase pursuant to its option to increase the size of the tender offer by up to 2.0% of the outstanding A ordinary shares. Payment for the A ordinary shares accepted for purchase, and return of all A ordinary shares tendered and not purchased, will occur promptly after the final number of A ordinary shares tendered is confirmed. Global Indemnity expects to purchase all A ordinary shares validly tendered at or below $21.75.
Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC served as the dealer manager for the tender offer. Georgeson Inc. served as the information agent. Fox Paine & Company, LLC advised Global Indemnity's Board of Directors in regard to the tender offer. Shareholders and investors who have questions or need information about the tender offer may call Georgeson Inc. at (800) 561-2871 (toll-free).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV