NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Streamline Health Solutions (Nasdaq:STRM) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 266.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 84.24% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, STRM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- STREAMLINE HEALTH SOLUTIONS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, STREAMLINE HEALTH SOLUTIONS turned its bottom line around by earning $0.00 versus -$0.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an increase in earnings to $0.07 from $0.00.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Technology industry. The net income increased by 275.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$0.28 million to $0.49 million.
- STRM's revenue growth trails the industry average of 43.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Latest Headlines about STRM
Streamline Health Solutions,'s CEO Discusses Q2 2011 Results - Earnings Call, Sep 12, 2011 Transcript
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV