Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: It All Hinges on Europe
In times gone by the renewed purchasing power created by lower fuel costs would have rallied the markets for weeks, said Cramer, but not today where the markets are conditioned to look overseas for guidance.
The decline in oil is perhaps the biggest positive thing the markets have seen in ages, and for the market to take down the stocks of those companies that benefit most from the decline is just plain stupid, Cramer concluded.
--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C.
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt.To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV