Brown-Forman also saw strong international sales across the board. Plans to push through price increases, the first since the 2008 recession, are being well received. Given we're now in an environment where costs for commodities are falling, Cramer said, Brown-Forman is one shareholder-friendly company that investors shouldn't pass up.
Here's what Cramer had to say about caller's stocks during the "Lightning Round":
Mad MailIn the "Mad Mail" viewer feedback segment, Cramer followed up on Digital Generation (DGIT), a stock that stumped him during an earlier show. Cramer said that after receiving a huge takeover bid he would "take the money and run" as the company had lackluster performance before the takeover. Cramer also followed up on Gordman's Stores, (GMAN) a retailer of apparel and home decor items with 78 locations. He said the company is in the right place at the right time and he likes the company as a speculative stock. When asked about US Airways, (LCC) Cramer said the airlines are not his cup of tea but he understands the appeal with falling oil prices. When asked to choose between B&G Foods (BGS) and Hain Celestial (HAIN) for an IRA portfolio, Cramer chose B&G for its dividend yield. Cramer said he'd be a buyer of Clean Harbors (CLH), but only after July. Finally, when asked about choosing the first stock for a child's portfolio, Cramer said Walt Disney (DIS) is the one to start with.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer sounded off against the bears who feel the precipitous decline in the price of oil is a bad thing. Cramer agreed that on some level falling oil prices could mean a slowing global economy, but that is a "deranged" way to look at things. He said that here at home there are hundreds of people who benefit from lower gasoline prices for every one who gets hurt by them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV