Focus Media Holding Ltd. (FMCN): Today's Featured Media Loser
Focus Media (FMCN) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Focus Media fell 74 cents (-3.5%) to $20.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Focus Media exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.21-$21.35 after having opened the day at $20.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.25. Other company's within the Media industry that declined today were: Inuvo (INUV), down 6.7%, NTN Buzztime (NTN), down 5%, SearchMedia Holdings (IDI), down 4.5%, and A.H. Belo Corporation (AHC), down 4.5%. Focus Media Holding Limited, a multi-platform digital media company, operates liquid crystal display (LCD) network using audiovisual digital displays in China. Focus Media has a market cap of $2.72 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.5, below the average media industry P/E ratio of 18.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Focus Media a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Focus Media as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Focus Media Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV