Foster Wheeler (FWLT) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Foster Wheeler fell 29 cents (-1.6%) to $17.41 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Foster Wheeler exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.21-$17.64 after having opened the day at $17.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.70. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: India Globalization Capital (IGC), down 3.7%, Real Goods Solar (RSOL), down 3.1%, MasTec (MTZ), down 2.5%, and United States Lime & Minerals (USLM), down 2.3%. Foster Wheeler AG, through its subsidiaries, operates as an engineering and construction contractor; and power generating equipment supplier worldwide. Foster Wheeler has a market cap of $1.96 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.7, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Foster Wheeler a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Foster Wheeler as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Foster Wheeler Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FWLT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV