Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. (MMC): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Marsh & McLennan Companies fell 18 cents (-0.6%) to $31.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.4 million shares of Marsh & McLennan Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.78-$32.44 after having opened the day at $32.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.16. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: First Acceptance Corporation (FAC), down 3.9%, Life Partners Holdings (LPHI), down 2.8%, Kingstone Companies (KINS), down 2.4%, and Manulife Financial Corporation (MFC), down 1.6%. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., a professional services company, provides advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. It operates in two segments, Risk and Insurance Services, and Consulting. Marsh & McLennan Companies has a market cap of $17.74 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 17.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Marsh & McLennan Companies a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marsh & McLennan Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Marsh & McLennan Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV