Embraer S.A (ERJ) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Embraer S.A fell 32 cents (-1.2%) to $27.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 807,988 shares of Embraer S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.18-$27.49 after having opened the day at $27.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.69. Other company's within the Aerospace/Defense industry that declined today were: CPI Aerostructures (CVU), down 5.1%, Ducommun (DCO), down 2.8%, and Astrotech Corporation (ASTC), down 1.8%. Embraer S.A. develops, produces, and sells jet and turboprop aircrafts for civil and defense aviation markets. Embraer S.A has a market cap of $5.16 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 46.5, below the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 73 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Embraer S.A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Embraer S.A as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Embraer S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ERJ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV