Sprint Nextel (S) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Sprint Nextel rose 25 cents (9.1%) to $2.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 82.8 million shares of Sprint Nextel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 49.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $2.73-$3 after having opened the day at $2.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.74. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), up 29.7%, China TransInfo Technology Corporation (CTFO), up 18.4%, Parametric Sound (PAMT), up 16.7%, and CalAmp Corporation (CAMP), up 16.6%. Sprint Nextel Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, offers a range of wireless and wireline communications products and services to individual consumers, businesses, government subscribers, and resellers in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands. Sprint Nextel has a market cap of $8.16 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 8.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Sprint Nextel a buy, four analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sprint Nextel as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally weak debt management, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full Sprint Nextel Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about S
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV