JPMorgan Chase (JPM) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, JPMorgan Chase rose 85 cents (2.6%) to $33.66 on light volume. Throughout the day, 32.2 million shares of JPMorgan Chase exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 44.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.55-$33.68 after having opened the day at $32.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.81. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: OptimumBank Holdings (OPHC), up 13.7%, Magyar Bancorp (MGYR), up 12.2%, First BanCorp (FBP), up 8.9%, and PVF Capital (PVFC), up 7%. JPMorgan Chase & Co., a financial holding company, provides various financial services worldwide. JPMorgan Chase has a market cap of $125.89 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.3, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate JPMorgan Chase a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates JPMorgan Chase as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about JPM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV