Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ: VRTX) today announced two changes to its executive leadership team. Following a comprehensive search, Vertex has appointed Kenneth Horton to the role of Chief Legal Officer, where he will take on the additional title of Executive Vice President reporting to Vertex’s Chair, President and CEO Jeffrey Leiden, M.D., Ph.D. The company’s current Chief Legal Officer and Senior Vice President, Ty Howton, will work closely with Ken over the coming months to ensure a smooth transition. The company also announced today that its Chief Commercial Officer Nancy Wysenksi has decided to retire after joining Vertex in 2009 and building the company’s first commercial team to support the approval and launch of Vertex’s first medicines. A search for a new Chief Commercial Officer is currently ongoing.
“Ken brings to Vertex more than 20 years of broad experience, with a focus on managing legal and compliance functions for large global health care companies, most recently as General Counsel at MDS Inc.,” said Dr. Leiden. “I am pleased to welcome him to our team and would also like to thank both Nancy and Ty for their commitment to Vertex over the past several years.
“Nancy was critical in establishing a talented commercial team that led the successful launch of Vertex’s first two medicines and in preparing the company for continued growth in the coming years. After more than 30 years in health care, she has chosen to move on to the next chapter of her life, and we wish her all the best in retirement.
“I also thank Ty for his work to advance the capabilities of our Legal and Compliance teams as we prepared to become a commercial company for the first time in our history. His leadership was instrumental during a time of rapid growth for our company, and I look forward to his close collaboration with Ken in the coming months.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV