Popular Community Bank announced today it is celebrating its 50 th anniversary of participating in the National Puerto Rican Day Parade. As part of the celebration and parade festivities, Javier Colón, 2011 Winner of “The Voice”, the NBC reality singing competition, will perform on the Popular Community Bank float on Sunday, June 10.
Colón will be joined by youth dancers from Ballet Hispánico School of Dance in New York, which will perform in front of the Bank’s float for the third consecutive year.
This year is the 50 th anniversary of the Bank supporting the National Puerto Rican Day Parade. Popular opened its first U.S. mainland branch in the Bronx, New York, in 1961, and operated as Banco Popular until recently rebranding as Popular Community Bank. There are now 39 Popular Community Bank branches in the boroughs of New York and nearby in New Jersey. Including Florida, California, and Illinois, Popular Community Bank has a total of 93 retail branches and commercial banking services nationwide.
The theme of this year’s parade is “Celebrating Puerto Ricans in higher education.”As part of the parade’s theme and in keeping with the Bank’s mission to educate tomorrow’s leaders, on May 8, 2012 the bank awarded an additional $10,000 in scholarships at the National Puerto Rican Day Parade Scholarship Ceremony at Hostos Community College. Ernesto Malave Scholarships were given to 19 local students. Since 2003, the Bank has contributed $170,000 in scholarships to 118 scholars pursuing post-secondary education. “We were the first corporate sponsor of the Parade, and we are thrilled to continue to honor the spirit and culture of the Puerto Rican community 50 years later,” said Brian Doran, New York Metro Region Executive of Popular Community Bank. “We are also excited to have Mr. Colón, an emerging powerful voice, to join us on our float.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV