The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 54 points (+0.4%) at 12,514 as of Friday, Jun 8, 2012, 12:35 p.m. ET. During this time, 334.9 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 731.3 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,774 issues advancing vs. 1,130 declining with 111 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Walt Disney (NYSE:DIS), which is sporting a 31-cent gain (+0.7%) bringing the stock to $45.94. This single gain is lifting the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 2.35 points or roughly accounting for 4.4% of the Dow's overall gain. Volume for Walt Disney currently sits at 5.1 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 9.1 million shares. Walt Disney has a market cap of $81.38 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 19.6% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 1.3%. The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 16.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Walt Disney as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about DIS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV