In summary, the effects on the financial statements of these restatements, subject to audit, will be as follows:
- Reimbursements for the net book value of dismantled assets of RMB 70.1 million and inefficiency costs of RMB 183 million, which were recorded as reductions to costs of goods sold in the fourth quarter of 2010, will instead be deferred and amortized to income over the remaining term of the 40-year sub-lease.
- Rent under the sub-lease for the period from inception of the land sub-lease to the fourth quarter of 2010, which was all recognized as rental income in the fourth quarter of 2010, will be recognized in the appropriate periods to which the rent relates, starting from June 2009.
- Reimbursements for trial production costs of RMB 89 million and RMB 89 million, which were recognized as reductions to costs of goods sold in the fourth quarter of 2010 and the first quarter of 2011, respectively, will instead be deferred and amortized to income over the remaining term of the 40-year sub-lease. At various stages during this trial production phase, although Longmen JV was still testing the newly constructed assets, certain of the assets, mainly the sintering machine, converters and blast furnaces, came online and became available to produce saleable or usable output. Therefore, these assets would be considered ready for use when they started producing output. As Longmen JV was using these completed assets free of charge as they came online, this is considered an arrangement containing a lease and as such, lease expense based upon an estimate of fair value will be recognized for this free-use period prior to the Cooperation Agreement being signed in the second quarter of 2011. Deferred lease income will be credited and amortized over the period of the land sub-lease, consistent with the reimbursements for the inefficiencies.
- For the above costs, receivables for the reimbursements were not recognized until the fourth quarter of 2010. Receivables for these costs and the site preparation cost of RMB 31.7 million, which were originally recorded as a reduction to costs of goods sold in the fourth quarter of 2010, will be restated such that they are recognized as the costs were incurred.
While the restatement of these reimbursements has the effect of deferring recognition as income of amounts previously recognized in 2010 and the first quarter of 2011, and reflecting the added benefit of continuous recognition of sub-lease income from the reimbursement received from Shaanxi Steel in the future, the Company does not expect these changes to impact its reported sales revenue or cash balances. Furthermore, the restatement has no impact on the results of the Company's manufacturing production, nor has the Company encountered any issues relating to the accounting treatment of historical revenue recognition. The Company's management is currently evaluating and assessing the implications of this matter on the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV