CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Affordable Care Act is initiating changes to healthcare, putting healthcare managers in the front seat of healthcare reform. DegreeTree.com, an online resource for connecting students with degree programs and schools, has launched a healthcare resource page which provides healthcare trend information, including upcoming changes from the Affordable Care Act, as well as healthcare cost issues, privacy and security issues, and the use of social media in healthcare. This information has been graphically represented in a healthcare infographic.
"These are all trends that healthcare managers and students studying healthcare should be watching," says Teri Didjurgis, General Manager of DegreeTree.
"As jobs in other areas decrease, it's pretty common for people to look at such a growing field like healthcare and ask how they can position themselves for a better career," Didjurgis continues. "Many go back to school and get an MBA with a specialty in healthcare management. This really prepares students who may already have business or management experience to make the transition into healthcare."According to data from DegreeTree, students seeking a healthcare program have more education than those seeking non-healthcare programs. In fact 67% of the potential students seeking healthcare degrees online at DegreeTree.com have at least some college, compared to only 45% for students seeking non-healthcare degrees. And according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical and health service manager jobs are projected to grow by as much as 22 percent from 2010 to 2020, creating an additional 68,000 healthcare jobs, a growth rate that is well above average. The DegreeTree website connects potential students interested in healthcare, healthcare management, and other careers with schools and degree programs that meet their needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV