Apple is expected to launch several new products at the event, including new computers and a new mobile operating system. The tech giant may even mention the company's oft-rumored television set.
Rumors have been flying about what Apple could announce this year, with talk about the iPhone 5 and an Apple television intensifying.One of the main attractions at WWDC will likely be Apple's next mobile operating system, iOS 6. Among the expected additions is a new map app, Siri support for the iPad, Facebook (FB) integration, automatic updates for apps, a change in the user interface coloring scheme, and perhaps the ability to swipe with two fingers, as well as several other features. Rumors about Apple's new television have swirled seemingly forever, but there have also been rumblings about a new operating system for the existing Apple TV. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll "Apple may possibly introduce a new Apple TV OS for the current set-top-box device, we believe it would just be another UI [user interface] on top of iOS 6," wrote Jefferies & Company analyst Peter Misek in a note. "New content bundles and partnerships may be announced as well as we believe video and TV will be the major focus." Shares of Apple gained 3.45% during the week to close at $580.32.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV