Shares of KeyCorp (KEY) of Cleveland closed at $7.15 Thursday, declining 6% year-to-date, following a 12% decline during 2011. Based on a five-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.80%.
The shares trade for 0.8 times tangible book value, and for nine times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 82 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 77 cents.
Levin rates KeyCorp a "Buy," although the analyst lowered his price target for the shares on Friday to $8.50 from $10.00, while leaving his 2012 EPS estimate unchanged at 70 cents and cutting his 2013 estimate by five cents to 80 cents, and his 2014 estimate by five cents to 85 cents.The analyst estimates that KeyCorp's 2012 net interest margin will be 3.17%, declining to 3.13% in 2013 and 3.08% in 2014. Under the "flat rate scenario," the 2012 margin estimate is unchanged at 3.17%, followed by 3.12% in 2013 and 3.05% in 2014. Levin that "despite the lack of catalysts, we think the stock is cheap," trading at "an ~15% discount to its peers on a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV