Shares of Zions Bancorporation (ZION) of Salt Lake City closed at $18.31 Thursday, returning 13% year-to-date, after a 33% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for 0.9 times tangible book value, and for 10 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.85. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.28.
Levin has a neutral rating on Zions Bancorporation and on Friday lowered his price target for the shares to $20 from $22, while leaving his 2012 EPS estimate of $1.30 unchanged, and lowering his 2013 estimate by five cents to $$1.75, and cutting his 2014 estimate by 15 cents to $2.25.The analyst estimates that the company's net interest margin will decline from 3.67% this year to 3.62% in 2013, and then rise to 3.78% in 2014. Under Citi's "flat rate scenario," Levin estimates that Zions would see a 2012 net interest margin of 3.66%, followed by margins of 3.57% in 2013 and 3.64% in 2014. Levin says that with "an unusual corporate structure in that it operates eight different banks across the Western and Southwestern parts of the country," Zions "is one of the more complicated stories in our regional bank coverage universe," with a complicated corporate structure, a messy capital structure, and a portfolio of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV