Mitt Romney Stays Positive in Latest Ad
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mitt Romney continued Friday to release positive ads amid what has been a mostly negative contest.
The latest ad pitches strong leadership as a first-day change the campaign said Romney would bring if elected.
"As governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney had the best jobs record in a decade; Romney reduced unemployment to just 4.7%," the ad's narrator said. "He did it by bringing parties together to cut through gridlock."
On Romney's Web page, the campaign summarizes the video as it says the former governor demonstrated leadership by balancing budgets without raising taxes.Important to note is that the comparison of balancing a state budget to balancing the national budget is a bit misleading. Massachusetts and most other states in the union, by their own state laws, must submit a balanced budget. The federal government, sometimes during recession, will run deficits to make up for revenue shortfalls -- this practice, while necessary in cases, isn't sustainable after a period of time. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV