Stewart Information Services Corp. (NYSE:STC) is pleased to announce the appointment of vice chairman Stewart Morris Jr. to the American Land Title Association (ALTA) Board of Governors. The Association’s Board of Governors is responsible for creating policy, managing the financial health and ensuring the overall welfare of the Association.
“Stewart has brought strong leadership to both our company and the title industry as a whole throughout his nearly 40-year career,” said Matt Morris, CEO of Stewart Information Services Corporation. "His experience and knowledge will prove valuable to ALTA as he takes on this leadership role. We look forward to the meaningful contributions he will make on the Board of Governors as they address issues impacting our industry.”
“Working with ALTA in this capacity is both an honor and a new road for me,” said Stewart Morris Jr. “The entire real estate services industry must adapt to new regulations, changing disclosure forms, mortgage finance uncertainty and technology advancements. As an industry, we have a unique position to connect with all parties in the real estate transaction.”
Morris continues, “We have a duty to improve processes, enhance transparency and work with the various regulatory agencies to support a strong real estate market. It’s my quest as an ALTA board member to help our industry prosper through good communication and working relationship with regulatory agencies and business partners in the real estate transaction to improve the efficiency and delivery of a finer customer experience.”ALTA, founded in 1907, represents more than 4,000 title insurance companies and agencies, independent abstracters, title searchers and attorneys who aim to protect property owners and mortgage lenders against losses from defects in titles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV