- Net sales were $66.6 million, up 7.6% versus $61.9 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011, primarily reflecting the impact of recently implemented pricing actions in both the Electronic Chemicals and Wood Treating chemicals businesses.
- Operating income increased 65.9% to $6.9 million from $4.1 million in the third fiscal quarter of 2011. Operating margins were 10.3% in the third quarter of 2012, up from 6.7% in the prior year period.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.34 per share versus $0.23 per share reported in last year’s third fiscal quarter.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $8.5 million, compared to net cash used of $459,000 in the same period a year ago.
- Total long-term debt was $28 million, down from $41 million at the end of the preceding quarter and $49.3 million at the end of fiscal 2011. The Company used the proceeds received on the sale of its Animal Health business to repay $10.0 million of the balance during the third quarter of fiscal year 2012.
KMG Chemicals Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.