- Net sales were $66.6 million, up 7.6% versus $61.9 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011, primarily reflecting the impact of recently implemented pricing actions in both the Electronic Chemicals and Wood Treating chemicals businesses.
- Operating income increased 65.9% to $6.9 million from $4.1 million in the third fiscal quarter of 2011. Operating margins were 10.3% in the third quarter of 2012, up from 6.7% in the prior year period.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.34 per share versus $0.23 per share reported in last year’s third fiscal quarter.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $8.5 million, compared to net cash used of $459,000 in the same period a year ago.
- Total long-term debt was $28 million, down from $41 million at the end of the preceding quarter and $49.3 million at the end of fiscal 2011. The Company used the proceeds received on the sale of its Animal Health business to repay $10.0 million of the balance during the third quarter of fiscal year 2012.
KMG Chemicals Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.