NEW YORK, June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cohen & Steers Closed-End Opportunity Fund, Inc. (NYSE: FOF) announced today that an insufficient number of proxies were submitted to establish a quorum for the special meeting of stockholders scheduled for today. Accordingly, the charter-required proposal to convert to an open-end fund was not considered. Of the proxies submitted, stockholders, following the recommendations of the Fund's board of directors and management, voted overwhelmingly against converting FOF to an open-end structure. In addition, Institutional Shareholder Services recommended that stockholders vote against the proposal. As disclosed in the proxy statement for the special meeting, if a quorum is not present or represented at the meeting, the Fund is under no further obligation to adjourn the meeting or submit a similar proposal to stockholders in the future.
Cohen & Steers Closed-End Opportunity Fund, Inc. is a closed-end fund that invests in closed-end funds. The Fund's investment objective is to seek total return, consisting of high current income and potential capital appreciation.
More information is available at cohenandsteers.com.
About Cohen & Steers. Founded in 1986, Cohen & Steers (NYSE: CNS) is a leading global investment management firm focused on global real estate securities, global listed infrastructure, real assets, large cap value stocks, and preferred securities. The company also manages alternative investment strategies such as hedged real estate securities portfolios and private real estate multimanager strategies for qualified investors. Headquartered in New York City, with offices in London, Brussels, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seattle, Cohen & Steers serves institutional and individual investors through a broad range of investment vehicles.SOURCE Cohen & Steers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV