- Continuous commitment to strong corporate governance practices and a premier environment, health and safety culture. In 2011, Encana trained over 76 percent of its employees on the company’s environment, health and safety (EH&S) management system and implemented a 10-year EH&S audit program, overseen by its Board of Directors.
- Ongoing improvement in workplace safety. The company’s total recordable injury frequency for the year was 0.64, compared with 0.68 in 2010.
- The implementation of a company-wide program to safely manage chemical products used in Encana’s hydraulic fracturing operations. Developed in conjunction with third-party toxicologists, Encana’s Responsible Products Program assesses the additives used in hydraulic fracturing operations for their potential impact to human health or the environment.
- Significant accomplishments in land management and reclamation, including a 30 percent increase in the number of reclamation certificates year-over-year. Overall, Encana reclaimed 424 acres of land in 2011 – up from 298 in 2010.
- Continued investment in technology that creates measurable reductions in air emissions or energy, land or fresh water use. Through investments made by Encana’s Environmental Innovation Fund, the company was able to avoid 630,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions and conserve up to 5.2 billion cubic feet of natural gas in 2011.
Encana Details Environmental, Social And Governance Performance In 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.