- Continuous commitment to strong corporate governance practices and a premier environment, health and safety culture. In 2011, Encana trained over 76 percent of its employees on the company’s environment, health and safety (EH&S) management system and implemented a 10-year EH&S audit program, overseen by its Board of Directors.
- Ongoing improvement in workplace safety. The company’s total recordable injury frequency for the year was 0.64, compared with 0.68 in 2010.
- The implementation of a company-wide program to safely manage chemical products used in Encana’s hydraulic fracturing operations. Developed in conjunction with third-party toxicologists, Encana’s Responsible Products Program assesses the additives used in hydraulic fracturing operations for their potential impact to human health or the environment.
- Significant accomplishments in land management and reclamation, including a 30 percent increase in the number of reclamation certificates year-over-year. Overall, Encana reclaimed 424 acres of land in 2011 – up from 298 in 2010.
- Continued investment in technology that creates measurable reductions in air emissions or energy, land or fresh water use. Through investments made by Encana’s Environmental Innovation Fund, the company was able to avoid 630,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions and conserve up to 5.2 billion cubic feet of natural gas in 2011.
Encana Details Environmental, Social And Governance Performance In 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.