Encana Corporation (TSX, NYSE: ECA) today released its annual Corporate Responsibility Report, providing a detailed review of the company’s environmental, social and governance performance for 2011. The report profiles the company’s efforts to achieve its corporate responsibility goals as an operator, employer and partner of choice.
Highlights from Encana’s 2011 report include:
- Continuous commitment to strong corporate governance practices and a premier environment, health and safety culture. In 2011, Encana trained over 76 percent of its employees on the company’s environment, health and safety (EH&S) management system and implemented a 10-year EH&S audit program, overseen by its Board of Directors.
- Ongoing improvement in workplace safety. The company’s total recordable injury frequency for the year was 0.64, compared with 0.68 in 2010.
- The implementation of a company-wide program to safely manage chemical products used in Encana’s hydraulic fracturing operations. Developed in conjunction with third-party toxicologists, Encana’s Responsible Products Program assesses the additives used in hydraulic fracturing operations for their potential impact to human health or the environment.
- Significant accomplishments in land management and reclamation, including a 30 percent increase in the number of reclamation certificates year-over-year. Overall, Encana reclaimed 424 acres of land in 2011 – up from 298 in 2010.
- Continued investment in technology that creates measurable reductions in air emissions or energy, land or fresh water use. Through investments made by Encana’s Environmental Innovation Fund, the company was able to avoid 630,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions and conserve up to 5.2 billion cubic feet of natural gas in 2011.
“Our 2011 report is built around the theme of ‘Certainty Through Collaboration’ and demonstrates how, through internal and external collaboration, we are meeting our corporate responsibility goals and helping to create value for our shareholders,” said Bob Grant, Executive Vice-President, Corporate Development, EH&S and Reserves. “This year’s report highlights significant achievements for Encana and underscores the importance we place on strong corporate governance and responsible development.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV